Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Aug/Sept Bylines

            A couple of my articles in the August/September 2010 issue have been posted on the Santa Barbara Magazine website! Check out “Jaunt to Jaipur,” which also has a spot in the current header on the website homepage.

This article was a thrilling last-minute assignment. At first, I grew frustrated because I didn’t know a lot about polo, or its history in India. I was really hoping to get a quotation from some of the people in India, either someone on the team or a member of the royal family, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to. Working several months in advance can be tricky. At the time I was writing, the team hadn’t even been assembled yet!

And as for “Sweet Summer Scoop”… I have always loved ice cream. After interviewing Rori Trovato, I had to try her organic take on the classic dessert. I went to Jeannine’s on Figueroa with my dad and the bf. We had the NY Strawberry Cheesecake (which comes with homemade graham cracker crust, mmm), Salted Caramel (super sweet – reminded me of the caramel popcorn that comes in Christmas tins), and Malted Milk Ball (my favorite by far). If you’re in SB, trying this out is a must. 


No comments:

Post a Comment