Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another Birthday


An incredibly delicious birthday cheesecake from my mom 

gorgeous birthday tulips from my boyfriend


Another year passed. I am still working on my novel with no near end in sight. My mentor asked me today if I am experiencing frustration with the fact that this is taking longer than I thought it would. Yes, yes I am. This, he tells me, is normal.
 I am also experiencing frustration over not writing for a month while traveling. This, my mentor tells me to simply give up. It’s done. “That dog won’t hunt.” There’s no use beating myself up about it.
So, here we are, another year gone and yet – very much closer to being a successful writer. Almost halfway through the third draft. Now I am back to the daily struggle of scheduling, of writing. The first time I sat down and worked on my novel for an hour since my travels – oh, that felt good.
All of my birthday celebrations, in NY and in LA, were amazing. And, regardless of frustration, I am so happy to be writing again.

1 comment:

  1. happy belated b-day! I know how you feel about traveling interrupting your writing... but sometimes it´s best to just experience things. It´s a part of the writing process as well!

    - Andrea

    ReplyDelete